Each year, organizations must apply for funding in our campaign, and, in keeping with United Way's high standards of integrity and accountability, must meet strict criteria for approval, including:
- Observe and practice a policy of non discrimination in all programs and services.
- Have an active governing body.
- Prepare an annual report to the public.
- Receive at least 80% or more of its total support from sources other than the federal government.
- Have a substantial presence in Henderson County.
The Allocations process is the cornerstone of our United Way. The Allocations Committee, comprised of Henderson County United Way Board members, reviews the annual requests from agencies that want our support, then conduct interviews with agency representatives, to determine how much to award to each agency.
- Agencies requesting funding are required to submit a proposal to the United Way which includes:
- Mission Statement for the organization.
- Summary and description of projects and services provided by the organization.
- Financial review audit of the previous year’s performance.
- Projected budget for the next year.
- Community impact summary of number of clients served, demographics, and population statistics.
Click here to complete the application.